Sunday 22 March 2015

Perch fishing with Pezon&Mitchel Hiker Micro Check rod combinated with 2" Molix Freraky Rock

   Pezon&Mitchel Hiker

For one of my last trip in Ireland I choose to be a river session (we have no close season here). Bring two rods one for pike the Illex Element Rider S230M 5-28g and my Pezon&Mitchel Hiker Micro Check 270 5-20g for perch. Around lunch time when pike fishing going all quiet I was into my perch mission. The river was flowing medium fast so I try a whole  range of weigths and technics to find out witch depht the perch lurking and how fast my lure need to move to make them interested. Also great test for the rod too, made to work the light soft plasics with it. The winning choice was 5g jikka rig, bump it on the bottom dead slow in the current of the river. Because of the solid tip the rod is extremely sensitive, soon as the led touched the bottom i felt every single rock down there. Takes a little time to get use to figure out witch bump is a bite and witch one is just structure of the bottom, but once you get the hang of it this rod will give you super awesome perch fishing. I cant wait to try it out on salt water  next. First class soft plastic rod for the "current job".

2" Molix Freaky Rock (june bug colour)

The lure witch does the damage on this session is a 2" Molix Freaky Roock in june bug colour. The water clarity was pretty stained but the perch seems wasnt interested in bright colours, so I decided to go dark then and boom fish on. Its a really special little lure, in the two long tail  have a built in air bubble its keeps the tail pop up and gives a lure non stop movement in the water.The two flat "lobster claw" imitation on the side is flapping all over the place when the led knock the rock on the bottom. The other two chunkier , perfectly round shaped fin on the top bring the weight to the head, gives the tail and claws more movement with every twitch you make. I set it up with weedless hook and 5g jikka led because the bottom structure was pretty hard to fish with open point jigheads, but works extremely well if you choose the jigging technic.


So at the end I have one of my best perch fishing experience on the river screen yesterday with this rod and this lure, they just really does the job in finesse fishing, give me over 20 perch and some was in  quiet nice sizes as well. The part 2 of the session will be about the morning and evening piking of the same day....coming soooooon, keep tuned! 

Tight Lines ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment