Monday 2 March 2015

First impression of using the Pezon&Michel Hiker Micro Check rod


Been quiet at the last few weeks because the conditions of the weather unfortunately. Plus I catch a very bad flu witch tie me to the bed for pretty long time. But in between I manage to put my hands on a Pezon&Michel Hiker Micro Check rod. As probably many of you knows its so hard to get rods and goodies from france , mostly long waiting game with the postman but when its finally arrives totally worth the feeling. Last saturday decided that cant wait any longer I need the hit the bank so badly no matter what, well when I said no matter what I mean ready to face 50+mile/hr S/W wind right in the face where the spot, spiced up with rain and ice showers. Roughly all week was the same so kinda expect that water levels will be high and hard work to find a place to put the line in, some lakes/rivers we tried had swells like a sea, but fish was in my mind so put up the "lets do this" emotion on the face witch changed very quickly after 10 min to the "f....k this s....t" face.



However the conditions pushed us to the limit to try everything pretty much where we find H20 in the area. The bright side I could play with the rod lots of different ground, but firstable back in time a little when I unwrap the stick at home. First thing when I grab the parts "wow this is heavy", well the weight of the blank is heavier than what I expect under the "Street Fishing Concept", but thats not a bad omen at all. Put the parts together and get a usual wiggle with , felt  tiff and so soft at the same time, weird i didnt find the balance at all in the rod, but still no reel, line or lure on it. The lenght of the rod is 2.70m and rated 5-20g and these details made me so courious, sounds perfect for my soft plastic fishing but I didnt connect with the rod......yet. Take another closer look and yeah its has a solid tip on it.....light bulb in shine and then I start getting the concept ;)





And now back to last saturday when the magic begining and this rod is deny nearly everything what I wrote above like first wiggle and handle (what you normally do in shop) and let you to feel what is the Street Fishing Concept by Pezon&Michel . Arrived and start put the gear together, screw my little Pezon&Michel Luxor 2500 reel on first hahah keep it in style/ and I need slow reel for cold water anyway.  Booom yeah put the reel on and the rod is in total perfect balance, the end of the handle sits just right above the elbow a little, for perfect cast and a rod weight is just disappear to your forearm without feel any heavyness. Put the Sunline Superbraid 5 braid trough the eyes, leader tied on and the lure at the end 3.8" Molix RA Shad. Now the first cast with ........cast the lure out like a rocket 30m without any huge power cast, just like a catapult, with a little more power in it 50m bang on with 10g led. Actually because the solid tip the rod feels like super fragile, I had a good few cast before I was confident enough to give a big wack but the rod handle it no problem. On the river screen out in the current the sensitivity is outstanding when bump the lure along on the bottom feels every single rock. This was one of the reason what I was looking for in the rod, if I bring it out for salt water for bass in ashtrays......will be super fun.


And finally against all the weather procedure I hooked a little jack. Really made my day after all, take my lure just right about 2mtr front of the stand and when the fish realised the hook set did a straight run right under my feet.....i was like " noooo dont do this to me that I gonna loose it front of my legs" than looked up the rod was in perfect circle and I started to work the fish out from between the wooden legs of the stand.  Super that the real power of the rod comes from near of the handle, its like when you driving a car and turn the wheel once i was feel it and have confidence of the power what the rod has I easely could turn the fish with it the way I wanted. The pike was around 2kg not a monster at all but the fun was super on that rod. I can imagine for a good perch or zander fishing too in light style and even if hook a big fish its dont gonna be a problem to land with. One thing what I didnt try and I dont feel its gonna work at all if wanna over load the casting rate even just a few gramms. At the end im super impressed and love the rod.........5* soft plastic fishing, 5* on light plugs and 5* for power and sensitivity........i just could recommend!!

Tight lines ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment